Let’s face it, no matter how excited you are about a project or goal in life, there are always times when you need to remind yourself that you are going to get there .
Surely you have those days when despite the achievements you have already achieved, you want to sit on the sofa and watch TV, instead of getting down to work to be able to deliver that university assignment.
Motivation: the irrefutable key to success
To be successful, you need to motivate yourself despite experiencing one of those days when you would throw in the towel . Life has its good moments and its bad moments, but you have to continue there, implacable, at the foot of the canyon trying to continue fighting for what makes us happy.
Regardless of whether it is a self-fulfillment goal, a work assignment, a soccer game where you are losing, or a time when you should not look back when your heart has been broken, you, like everyone else, need an extra boost. motivation .
- 120 best self-improvement quotes that will change your life
- The 50 best quotes about self-esteem to value yourself
- 85 sports quotes to exercise with motivation
Motivational quotes that will help you motivate yourself and achieve your goals
Moving forward begins with yourself, believing it and reminding you especially in the most delicate moments.
When you start thinking that the challenge is big or you doubt your abilities to get it , i ntenta repeat yourself these phrases to give a little push or simply use them as a source of inspiration .
1. Make sure your worst enemy doesn’t live between your two ears
The decision to throw in the towel or move on is yours. So e nvíate positive messages to move forward , because otherwise you will not achieve what you propose.
2. Failure is the way to start over, but smarter
Failures are an unbeatable opportunity to learn , because if you take it as a learning experience, you may not make the same mistakes as in the past.
3. The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary
Success doesn’t come by itself, it takes a lot of work . So get to work, because if you want something, something costs you.
4. Don’t count the days, make the days count
This is one of those phrases to motivate you to live in the present . There are two ways of living life: counting the days without enjoying the moment or making each day an unforgettable memory.
5. Today is going to be your big day
I personally love this phrase. Reminding yourself that today is your day can help you see life in a positive light . A recent study showed that optimists are more successful in the workplace than cynics .
6. Happiness is not something done. It comes from your own actions
This phrase from the Dalai Lama , so in line with Buddhist philosophy, reminds you that to change your environment, the first thing you must do is change yourself . If you do things to improve your day to day, sooner or later, your day to day will improve.
7. Everything is practical
The mythical soccer player Edson Arantes do Nascimento, better known as “ Pelé ”, once uttered this famous motivational phrase. In those moments when you think you don’t have enough skill to accomplish something, remind yourself that “everything is practical.” Nobody is born taught.
8. You may like the lessons or they may seem irrelevant and silly, but there are no mistakes, only lessons
This phrase by Benjamin Franklin should be memorized, as it helps you remember that even from the worst moments you can learn lessons . Facing failures in a positive way is the best way to recover as soon as possible and keep fighting for what makes you happy.
9. This is your moment
Now is the only time you will be able to live. Your time is now, not yesterday or tomorrow . Therefore, put all your efforts in the present moment so that the next present moments are just as good as this one. A very present phrase in the Mindfulness philosophy .
10. Every day gives you a new opportunity
This is one of those phrases that you should remember just when you get out of bed and then face the day as if it were the last day you will be able to live. Each day gives you different opportunities, so take advantage of them .
11. The sky is the limit
The sky is unattainable and it is the only limit that exists . This motivating phrase so widely used says that “if you want to achieve something, with a lot of effort you can achieve it”. Widely used and repeated among athletes.
12. Your will is always under your control, so nothing can stop you
The only one who can achieve your goals is you. If something affects your determination it is because you allow it .
13. Fate mixes the cards, and we play them
This phrase by the philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer refers to the fact that fate can put you different paths in life or it can present you with different obstacles, but we make the decisions and we decide the way forward .
14. Convictions have the power to create and the power to destroy
This phrase is widely used in the world of coaching , and refers to beliefs and convictions that help us or prevent us from achieving our goals . For coaches, beliefs that are positive in achieving goals are called “empowering beliefs.” On the contrary, beliefs that become an obstacle are called “limiting beliefs.”
15. The best pleasure in life is doing the things people say we can’t do.
We live in a society that shows us the path we must follow. The happiest people are those who know their motivations and fight for them. When you do the things you enjoy, you enter the State of Flow . This phrase tells you to fight for what is going to make you happy, regardless of what others tell you .
16. The pain is temporary, it can last a minute, an hour or a day. When the pain is gone, something else takes its place, but if you give up, the pain will last forever
Pain is an unpleasant sensation, but it is part of life . You must accept the pain and move on because better times will come.
17. Only those who run the risk of moving forward can know how far they can go
This phrase uttered in one of the “Rocky” movies, starring Silvester Stallone , refers to “whoever doesn’t try will never know where they could have gotten.”
18. The desire to win is important, but the desire to prepare is vital
Although this phrase is often used more in the world of sports , it can be used in any area of life. Achieving a goal always requires moving forward and, on many occasions, there may be moments when you want to throw in the towel. Remembering that the goal is the end of a long and difficult road can be helpful.
19. I have failed over and over again in my life: that is why I have succeeded
Himself Michael Jordan uttered this phrase once. What the “king of basketball” reminds us is that even a figure like him has had failures and failures that have allowed him to grow and become who he is . Did you know that Jordan is one of the most missed shots in league history?
20. Good fortune favors the bold
This phrase refers to the fact that if you are brave enough to try to achieve what you propose, you will surely achieve it. Nothing will be enough of an obstacle to stop you . You will have sought fortune, it will not come alone.
21. The best way to predict the future is to create it
Peter Drucker , on the future and its possibilities for creation. An inspiring phrase that connects the predisposition to act with the appearance of a better tomorrow . The future is yours and therefore you must take the responsibility of forging it.
22. Be the change you want to see in the world
Gandhi expresses himself in these terms when talking about the relationship between personal change and social change .
22. It always seems impossible until it’s done
One of Nelson Mandela’s famous phrases . A reflection on the limits, sometimes objective and sometimes imaginary, of what can be done.
23. It’s hard to get over a person who never gives up
Babe Ruth , mythical American baseball player, on the ability to excel. This is u na of these motivational phrases that can serve both athletes and for entrepreneurs in the business world .
24. To be successful, we must first believe that we can have it
This phrase by Nikos Kazantzakis emphasizes preparing body and mind to move effectively towards a goal.
25. Failure is the seasoning that gives success its flavor
One of the best motivational phrases of the writer Truman Capote . The concept of “success” only makes sense if there is an idea of ”failure” to which we can contrast it.
26. Excellence is not an act, it is a habit
Aristotle , one of the most classic Greek philosophers, talks about his idea of virtue as something that should be part of a person’s day-to-day life, rather than being distributed throughout our lives as if it were an unusual element. A reflection that the most perfectionist people will like .
27. If you don’t like the way things are, change them
Jim Rohn talks about the possibility of improving our context almost as if it were an imperative . A sign that it is achievable.
28. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take
Wayne Gretzky , about the need to try it as something that, in itself, enriches us by expanding our potential. One of his best known motivational phrases.
29. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent
Eleanor Roosevelt , about our way of managing self-esteem and relativizing the importance of criticism .
30. No masterpiece has been created by a lazy artist
Anonymous. A motivating phrase about effort and the ability to be persistent.
31. If you don’t fight for what you want, don’t be sorry for what you lose
An anonymous celebrity quote. If you are not able to sacrifice yourself to achieve your dreams, you have nothing to rebuke existence .
32. Strength does not come from bodily ability, but from the will of the soul
This popular phrase by Mahatma Gandhi reminds us that our mind has much more strength and will than our body.
33. Without dreams to come true, life has no meaning
It may sound a bit exaggerated, but the truth is that if we do not have illusions and aspirations, it is difficult to continue living.
34. The man well prepared for the fight has already achieved half a victory
The author of Don Quixote , Miguel de Cervantes, made this reflection on the capacity for sacrifice.
35. The true seeker grows and learns, and discovers that he is always the main responsible for what happens
Argentine author Jorge Bucay reminds us of the importance of knowing our locus of control .
36. Sometimes when you innovate you make mistakes. It’s best to admit them and focus on perfecting other ideas.
Steve Jobs, the creative genius of Apple, leaves us this sentence to remember that mistakes are part of the way .
37. If you are afraid of failing, you will probably fail
Incredible basketball player Kobe Bryant reveals an important mindset point: either you go out to win or you don’t have to try .
38. To be successful, your desire to achieve it must be greater than your fear of failure.
African-American actor and presenter Bill Cosby tells us that in every successful house there is a brave man who has overcome his fear of failure .
39. If you fell yesterday, get up today
The British philosopher HG Wells, in addition to his brainy texts, was known to leave us pearls in the form of phrases, like this one .
40. Execute your knowledge with the mastery of the one who continues to learn
Phrase by the psychologist and coach Jonathan García-Allen, in which he introduces us to a paradox: the most skilled individuals are those who have the attitude of continuing to learn day after day.
41. It is not enough to devise it, it is not enough to raise it, the essential thing is to carry it out
Anonymous phrase. Any large company needs to move from idea to action. Ideas alone are of little use .
42. Motivation does not come from inspiration, but from hard work and eventual failures
The sociologist Juan Fernando Trecet explains the merit of continuing to insist despite the obstacles that the road may present .
43. If there is no struggle, there is no progress
Frederick Douglass about how far forward you have to lose your fear of expressing your point of view and fighting for what is considered good. Hard work pays off.
44. If we are growing, we will always be out of our comfort zone
John C. Maxwell argues that progress always involves a bit of effort .
45. Man must live and create
Albert Camus puts the human being at the center of the process of building his own life.
46. If you can dream it, you can achieve it
Zig Ziglar, about the immense range of possibilities that we have .
47. Positive actions combined with positive thinking produce success
Shiv Khera phrase in which the importance of making thoughts follow actions is emphasized .
48. The secret of moving forward is starting
The most pragmatic Mark Twain makes it clear that the attitude with which a project is undertaken is decisive in making it develop as it should.
49. Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it
Phrase by Charles R. Swindoll that emphasizes our decision-making capacity and the control we have over what we live .
50. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Samuel Beckett, on the need to accept failure as part of the process of progressing.
51. Let each man exercise the art he masters
Aristophanes argues that all people have their own abilities and strengths , and that the conditions can always be created for these to come out.
52. Dream big and dare to fail
Norman Vaughan, on the need to overcome initial fears and avoid analysis paralysis when you have high aspirations.
53. Make each day your masterpiece
A motivating phrase from John Wooden applicable to everyday life.
54. Light up tomorrow with the present
One of those motivational phrases that emphasizes the importance of creating future possibilities from working in the here and now. The quote is from Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
55. Do what you can do, wherever you are, with what you have
A Theodore Roosevelt quote that could be construed as “no excuses.”
56. To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing
Elbert Hubbard points out what would happen if we were totally consistent with the philosophy of avoiding certain types of damage .
57. The best dreams happen when you are awake
Cherie Gilderbloom, on the need to know how to be alert to detect opportunities .
58. The harder I work, the luckier I get
A motivational phrase from Gary Player in which we are reminded that luck does not come from nothing, but from the opportunities we create .
59. Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear
A motivational phrase from George Addair in which he is encouraged to overcome initial fears .
60. Hard times never last long, but hard people do.
Robert H. Schuller talks about l to human capacity to overcome the bad times . A capacity that is known as resilience .
61. If you are going through a bad time, just keep going
The famous British leader left us this valuable and motivating reflection.
62. The most dissatisfied customers should be your greatest inspiration to learn
Software mogul Bill Gates leaves us a reflection that should make us think about how to run a business to fruition .
63. It is not necessary to have a company with 1,000 employees to develop your idea
Larry Page again emphasizes the advantages of being the owner of your own destiny .
64. There is no barrier, lock or obstacle that you can impose on the freedom of your mind
The writer Virgina Woolf tells us about the infinite potential of the human mind .
65. Genius consists of 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration
Phrase of the great Thomas Alva Edison. Success is based much more on effort than talent . Or maybe a combination of both factors.
66. The best investment is one that is not necessary to make
Business magnate Donald Trump surprises us with this unintuitive thought.
67. If our motivation was money, we would have sold Google and we would be on the beach
Google founder Larry Page leaves us another interesting phrase.
68. If you don’t have a clear competitive advantage, don’t compete
Jack Welch leaves us this realistic reflection on the entrepreneurial spirit .
69. Successful people are ordinary people who made an extraordinary decision
Success and failure, a matter of sacrifice.
70. You will never get ahead if you always think about revenge.
Pierre Bonard, on the need to turn the page and not stagnate in bad times.
71. Nothing on this earth can stop the man who has the right mental attitude to achieve his goal. Nothing on this earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude
Former US President Thomas Jefferson explains his vision of success.
72. When you stop dreaming you stop living
Malcolm Forbes, on the need to keep dreaming and aspiring to change the world.
73. We actually compete with ourselves, we have no control over the performance of others
A phrase by Pete Cashmore that can be applied both in business and in almost any facet of life.
74. The role of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers.
Ralph Nader, on how leaders should influence the human group .
75. You cannot choose how you are going to die, or when. You can only decide how you are going to live. Now
Joan Báez in an essential existential phrase.
76. If you are clear about what you want, the world responds clearly
A motivational phrase Loretta Staples with a fundamental principle to achieve success in life.
77. Writing is a trade that is learned by writing
Feminist writer Simone de Beauvoir gives us one of the keys to prosperity. If you want to learn about a subject, just dedicate yourself to it heart and soul .
78. If you are not confident, you will always find a way not to win
Sprinter Carl Lewis stresses the vital importance of having self-confidence to focus on success.
79. If you think something is impossible, you will make it impossible
A mythical inspirational phrase from Bruce Lee, the most famous martial arts fighter in history.
80. There are movies that I would like to forget, however, even those movies taught me something
The Spanish actor Antonio Banderas explains to us that, even in the least memorable moments, we can draw positive lessons for our lives .
81. Whether you think you can do it or not, in both cases you are right
Henry Ford, in a phrase that can leave us thinking for a long time.
82. Only one thing makes a dream impossible: the fear of failure
An inspiring phrase that the writer Paulo Coelho brings us.
83. The biggest mistake a person can make is being afraid of making a mistake
Elbert Hubbard also stresses the importance of making mistakes as part of vital learning.
84. Not wanting is the cause, not being able the pretext
Philosophical phrase about Seneca. The lazy make excuses, while the brave never fail .
85. The best way to predict the future is to invent it
Wise phrase where there are, by Alan Key. Whoever invents the future has everything in their hands .
86. Things are not said, they are done, because when doing them they say themselves
The brilliant filmmaker Woody Allen values actions much more than words .
87. If you don’t fight today, don’t cry tomorrow
An anonymous famous quote that warns us of the need to avoid procrastination and move towards our dreams day by day .
88. Why be content to live in drag when we feel the desire to fly?
Hellen Keller insists on letting our imaginations fly, without limits or ties of any kind.
89. Good luck is just the pretext for the losers
An anonymous phrase but with an absolutely authentic meaning.
90. Today you are going to conquer the sky, without looking at how high the ground is
This is another quote from an unknown author but one that can inspire us to keep going despite the obstacles.
91. All triumphs are born when we dare to begin
A start, a decision, is the first step towards success . Eugene Ware quote.
92. If you don’t work for your dreams, someone will hire you to work for theirs
A reflection of Steve Jobs, the creative genius of Apple. Applicable in working life, but also in any other aspect of existence .
93. Fear is the greatest disability of all
The speaker Nick Vujcic, in one of his most inspiring phrases. Overcoming fear means starting to fight for dreams .
94. Never expect a positive result by having a negative attitude
Reflection of anonymous authorship that should make us think about how we face certain challenges.
95. If you don’t climb the mountain you will never be able to enjoy the landscape
The Chilean poet recognizes that the honeys of success only come after a sustained effort over time .
96. Those who have the privilege of knowing have an obligation to act
The 20th century scientist and intellectual reference Albert Einstein leaves us this valuable reflection.
97. Life is nothing but a succession of opportunities to survive
Gabriel García Márquez, in a phrase that we can interpret in different ways.
98. If you fall and get up, you did not fall. You just took momentum
Alejandro Jodorowski, in an excellent metaphor that fills us with energy to move on .
99. Who wants to do something finds the means, who does not want to do anything finds an excuse
A motivating traditional Arabic proverb.
100. It deserves your dream
An imperative phrase that was born from the mind of the great Octavio Paz.
101. Vision without action is a dream. Action without vision is a nightmare
A motivating Chinese proverb. The action must be based on a deep reflection on what we want to do in life .
102. Our dreams can come true if we want them enough to go after them.
Great reflection of Walt Disney, a person who achieved his dreams and made the imagination of millions of children fly.
103. All thought is a seed. If you plant rotten seeds, don’t count on picking delicious apples.
Australian artist Bill Meyer, on positive thinking.
104. If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.
Do not wait sitting down, the opportunity does not arise, it is created.
105. If you know what you are worth, go and get what you deserve.
You are capable of doing whatever you want in life.
106. Wherever your imagination goes, your eyes will go.
If you could think about it, you could make it come true .
107. There are no unfinished projects, only changes of plans.
You also learn from mistakes, using that material to continue progressing.
108. The moment you have the idea is kilometer 0 of the route you will take.
The moment when everything begins.
109. Talent is only discipline applied to practice.
It is not necessary to mythologize a phenomenon known to all: the mix between practice and discipline.
110. Committing to a practice schedule is halfway there.
Knowing how to manage time efficiently is key to reaching the goals that we set ourselves.
111. Go for it and, if you put enough desire, you will meet halfway.
At first it seems that the goal is very far away, but with practice the distances shorten very quickly.
112. Effort, trust yourself and not suffer for what they will say: the recipe to shine with your own light.
A summary of what is necessary to develop to the fullest.
113. Think about who you could become: that’s more stimulating than any energy drink.
Imagining and fantasizing never hurts, as long as it does not serve as an excuse to avoid us.
115. If you believe in your possibilities, you will believe in your ability to evaluate yourself.
Knowing how to stop and think coldly about our situation is part of the way to go.
116. Don’t run: take firm steps to go far.
Focusing on the simplest and most concrete tasks is the basics of learning.
117. Going for a goal is not so much like hunting as it is like farming: start small, and the reward will come.
A slow process but one that depends more on us than on chance.
118. No office can contain the imagination of a motivated human being.
A torrent of motivation that overflows the routines.
119. True athletes are not obsessed with competition: they focus on stepping right.
The competition is secondary, the important thing is to do it in the best possible way within the possibilities of each one.
120. Reach the peak of your aspirations, look down and decide if you are a peak or a hill.
A seemingly simple choice, but with many implications.
121. If not everyone excels at something, it is because few know what a single year of regular practice can do.
Small details make the difference.
122. There is no cold night that freezes the heart of those who think about getting up early to train.
The anticipation of the practice should be, in itself, something that motivates us.
123. What separates you from reaching your goal is a thin wall of glass called passivity.
An attitude that, if fought, leaves us free.
124. Don’t depend on comparing yourself to others to be happy, but don’t forget to test yourself to show yourself how happy you can be.
Experimenting with each other’s abilities is challenging and satisfying.
125. You cannot control whether there will be others better than you or whether it will rain tomorrow when you go to training: focus on everything else.
You don’t have to make excuses for doing nothing.
126.Everyone can dream of reaching the top. Start working on it, much less: that’s the real barrier.
The first steps are the truly decisive ones.
127. Knowing how to adapt to the road will take you far.
The ability to know how to take the blows and assume that there will be unpleasant unforeseen events , allows us to move forward.
128. There are more elegant ways to win, but all of them involve cheating, and not winning at all.
Beyond appearances is what is truly challenging.
129. If you succeed, let it be for you and for those who supported you.
Behind your attempts to reach your goals, there is you and everyone who helped you.
130. If you do it to progress and not for banal reasons, the first failure will not stop you.
Knowing how to look long term is essential in managing defeats.
131. You can do everything you have seen done: it is the magic of learning.
A summary of this psychological ability that allows us to transform ourselves.
132. Those who have taken their capacities to their maximum performance know what life is.
Another philosophy of life, born of own experience.
133. Realizing that the prejudices of others came to paralyze you, helps to know why you should not stop today.
Looking back and seeing how others tried to stop us is liberating knowing that today they no longer have power over us.
134. Do it and show them that they are wrong, but above all, prove it to yourself.
The true motivations lie with oneself.
135. Imagine where you would be now if you had started early yesterday.
A simple way to understand the value of time.