These creative thoughts and phrases are not only fun to read, they are also thought-provoking and can become something that inspires us to become more creative ourselves.
At the end of the day, knowing interesting points of view that are expressed in an original way through short sentences gives us the opportunity to review our preconceptions and see that there are concepts that are more related to each other than we initially believed.
The best original and creative quotes:
The selection of short sentences that you have below can help you develop your own ideas from the reflections that may arise from their reading. However, it is also worth remembering that although many of these short quotes can be shocking and provocative, developing your own philosophy of life also requires dialogue, discussion and reading longer texts and books.
Below you can see the selection of creative phrases. Let us begin!
1. Miracles are born out of difficulties
Jean de la Brùyere talks about resilience and our ability to overcome adversity.
2. Believe you can do it and you will have already come halfway
One of Theodore Roosevelt’s reflections on the ability to believe in oneself.
- 101 great quotes by famous people
- 85 inspiring charlie chaplin quotes about life
- 135 motivational quotes for success and work
3. We are facilitators of our own creative evolution
Bill Hicks , in another inspirational phrase related to personal development.
4. To draw, you must close your eyes and sing
The Spanish painter Pablo Picasso uses this allegory to refer to how he understands inspiration.
5. Life is the flower of which love is the honey
Victor Hugo captures the relationship between life and love in this poetic way.
6. Be yourself, everyone else is already ordered
As in almost all of Oscar Wilde’s witty phrases , wit and a sense of irony are mixed here.
7. Creativity is the power to connect the seemingly disjointed
A reflection on the creativity of William Plomer .
8. Originality is nothing but judicious imitation
Voltaire thinking out loud.
9. An idea that is not dangerous is not worth calling an idea.
Another of Oscar Wilde’s creative thoughts .
10. Everything you can imagine is real
Pablo Picasso , about the scope of our imagination.
11. A man can die, nations can rise and fall, but an idea endures
John F. Kennedy reflects on the imprint that ideas leave.
12. Life is the art of drawing without an eraser
A Creative Thought About Life, by John W. Gardner.
13. To define is to limit
Oscar Wilde in one of the popular phrases that are used the most today.
14. Shut up or say something better than silence
The Greek philosopher Pythagoras , in a somewhat harsh but necessary phrase.
15. The secret of creativity is learning to hide your sources
Albert Einstein ironizes about talent and plagiarism.
16. Not being dead is not the same as being alive
EE Cummings , poses an apparent paradox.
17. Love them all, trust some, harm none
William Shakespeare in one of his phrases most related to morality.
18. Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
The mythical Jimi Hendrix popularized this phrase that seems to belong more to a book of Asian philosophy.
19. The greatest enemy of creativity is common sense
Another of the phrases of the renowned painter Pablo Picasso , about creativity and the elements that can threaten it.
20. No artist tolerates reality
The philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche talks about the nature of art.
21. Some people feel the rain, others just get wet
One of the best known phrases of Bob Marley .
22. Go where there is silence and say something
A very original phrase, from the journalist Amy Goodman .
23. A life lived in fear has only been lived half
A well-known proverb.
24. The whole universe has a rhythm, everything dances
The artist Maya Angelou talks about the musicality of the situations that we experience in our day to day.
25. Life is like jazz … better if improvised
A reflection of George Gershwin .
26. Life is trying things to see if they work
Writer Ray Bradbury talks about the essence of life.
27. True creativity begins where language ends
Arthur Koestler , about the limits of language.
28. You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
The philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche left some very poetic phrases. This is an example of it.
29. When one educates, two learn
One of the most used quotes when talking about education, authored by Robert Heinlein .
30. Creativity is contagious, pass it on.
Albert Einstein in addition to being a physicist who changed the course of history, left a good number of creative and inspiring phrases like this one.
31. Time is a good healer but a bad beautician
A reflection with a humorous touch, by Lucille S. Harper .
32. Art is not a thing, it is a path
Elbert Hubbart reflects on art.
33. To live a creative life we have to overcome the fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce , on the factors that limit our creative potential.
34. Without freedom there is no creation
The famous Hindu thinker Jiddu Krishnamurti talks about the nature of freedom.
35. To be brave is to be free
Seneca , in one of his most motivating reflections.
36. Sometimes silence is the worst lie
Miguel de Unamuno talks about the serious implications that silence has in some contexts.
37. Beauty, like pain, makes you suffer
Thomas Mann , on the double edge of beauty.
38. Flatterers resemble friends as wolves resemble dogs
A very inspired comparison, brainchild of George Chapman .
39. How banal it is to sit down to write when we have not stood up to live
The thinker Henry David Thoreau records his vitality in this sentence.
40. Where words fail music speaks
Hans Christian Andersen , on music and its power.
41. You cannot shake hands with clenched fists
Indira Gandhi , one of the great defenders of pacifism, talks about the need for dialogue.
45. If you have never failed, you have never lived
A very powerful anonymous phrase.
46. We know what we are, but not what we can be
William Shakespeare , in one of his witty phrases about the potential of the human being.
47. Life expands and contracts in proportion to one’s courage
Anaïs Nin uses a very powerful image to talk about what life is and its relationship with courage.
48. A lie told many times becomes true
Lenin , about the possibility of making lies an unquestionable idea.
49. It’s not your job that you like me, it’s mine
A phrase from Byron Katie .
50. If you can dream it, you can do it
Walt Disney , about the possibilities that the simple fact of imagining situations offers us.
51. The satisfied do not love, they fall asleep in habit
Another of Miguel de Unamuno’s phrases , in this case about love and relationships.
52. Music is the poetry of the air
Jean Paul Richter in a very poetic phrase about music.
53. Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet
Jean Jacques Rousseau refers to the world of flavors to explain in a short sentence one of the facets of patience.
54. Doubt is one of the names of intelligence
The writer Jorge Luis Borges talks about intelligence as something that is equivalent to the management of constant doubts.
55. The best way to fulfill your dreams is by waking up
Paul Valéry reflects on the conditions that must be met to achieve the goals.
56. If you are not making mistakes, then you are not making decisions
Catherine Cook , on the courage to assume the possibility of error.
57. You have to harden yourself without ever losing your tenderness
The revolutionary Ernesto Che Guevara speaks about an apparent contrast.
58. There is someone so intelligent that he learns from the experience of others
Voltaire , in one of his creative and witty phrases about intelligence.
59. Violence is the fear of the ideals of others
Mahatma Gandhi , about violence and what is behind it.
60. A good traveler has no plans
The philosopher Lao Tzu , about one of the qualities of the traveler.
61. We are so limited that we always believe we are right
Goethe , on the illusions that lead us to believe that we can grasp the absolute truth.
62. If you want to learn, teach
The orator Cicero , in a maxim that has survived more than two thousand years.
63. Adventure may be crazy, but the adventurer must be sane
Gilbert Keith Chesterton , about one of the necessary requirements to embark on an adventure.
64. A good life is inspired by love and guided by the intellect
The philosopher Bertrand Russell , about what he understood as a good life.
65. Silence is the only friend that does not betray
Confucius expresses here to what extent he valued respect and prudence based on fidelity to traditions.
66. Television is a double-edged sword with which even the viewer can commit suicide
Virginia Vilanova , on the risks of television and the information it transmits.
67. The world is nothing more than a canvas for your imagination
An imaginative phrase from the great writer Henry David Thoreau .
68. Virtue can only flourish among equals
Mary Wollstonecraft , in a reflection on equality.
69. Every moment is gold for those who know how to see it as such
Henry Miller , on the importance of valuing the good moments that life offers us.
70. Intelligence, without ambition, is a bird without wings
Salvador Dalí , the famous Catalan painter, in a phrase that overflows creativity.
71. Good artists know what to leave out
Charles de Lint , on the need to select only what is good and necessary.
72. Life is a long lesson in humility
James M. Barrie , in a reflection aloud.
73. We admire things for reasons but love them for no reason
Gilbert Keith Chesterton , in a phrase that will leave you wondering. Certainly, love is not usually generated from rational channels.
74. The urgent tends to undermine the necessary
Mao Tse Tung , the mythical Chinese communist leader, in a phrase that can be interpreted in many ways.
75. In art, the obvious is a sin
Edward Dmytryk reveals his vision of artistic creation.
76. It is useless to go back to what has already been and has ceased to be
The pianist Frédéric Chopin on the ephemerality of human existence.
77. We live in a rainbow of chaos
Paul Cezanne , the magnificent painter, in a sublime metaphor.
78. A hungry dog only has faith in meat
Anton Chekhov left us many creative thoughts, such as this one. How do you interpret it?
79. Man hates those who make him suffer his own inferiority
A phrase that can awaken our creative side, from Earl of Chesterfield .
80. The less routine, the more life
Amos Bronson Alcott , a plea to step out of our comfort zone.
81. Take some time to choose a friend, but it takes even longer to change it
Benjamin Franklin , on friendship and the processes of change.
82. The supreme art of the teacher is to awaken joy from creative expression
One of Albert Einstein’s phrases about creativity.
83. The art of writing is the art of discovering what you believe in
This reflection by Gustave Flaubert emphasizes the process of self-knowledge that occurs when writing an original work.
84. Creativity is allowing yourself the luxury of making mistakes
Scott Adams offers us one of the creative phrases that value the freedom we have when producing new things.
85. Having a vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others.
Jonathan Swift talks about the power that gives us to see beyond the apparent to the point of detecting potentialities.
86. Our actions flow from three essential sources: desire, emotion and knowledge.
A theoretical proposal by Plato aimed at explaining human behavior.
87. Personality is everything in art and poetry
A reflection by Goethe about the passions and motivations that guide the creation of art.
88. Hate is blind, just like love
Great passions are capable of clouding our rationality . A phrase from Oscar Wilde.
89. I have discovered that if you love life, it will reciprocate
This inspiring reflection is by Arthur Rubinstein .
90. Art is the only way to run away without leaving home
This reflection on the use of art as escapism is by Twyla Tharp .
91. Stay true to the dreams of your youth
A recommendation from Friedrich Schiller .